Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Prayer Of Jesus

I'm preparing to teach on prayer this evening. Ever since I came to Christ I have known that prayer is an absolute essential to living the Christian life, but even after almost 37 years, I am more convinced than ever that I am just playing around the fringes of what God means for prayer to be in, as well as through, the life of His children!

The 17th chapter of John is often called the High Priestly prayer of Jesus Christ. In this portion of Scripture we get a marvelous glimpse into the prayer life of our Lord, and we see the results of this prayer yet today! In fact, if you are truly saved, then this prayer was and is mighty in your behalf!

Isn't it amazing that the Lord would say that He set the pattern for us to follow? That those who believe in Him would do like works as He did? How in the world can this be possible?

By studying and emulating the prayer life of our Lord and Savior we will find ourselves born along by the very same Spirit that enabled Him during His incarnation! By having our mind transformed by the Word, and having our hearts challenged and changed by His indwelling presence, we will be conduits, or channels of His authoritative power that binds and casts out the enemy, bring healing virtue to bear upon the physical needs of humanity, and proclaims the Gospel with a power and anointing that will penetrate hard and doubting hearts!

Jesus prayed for me! As a result, I am saved! A new creation in Him! Now, He sends me forth to share His love, compassion and power with a lost, hurting and dying world!

Oh, by the way; He is sending you also. Will we say "yes Lord"?

God Bless