Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sudden Changes

As I write this post, I'm preparing to go to church; but I am thinking about the devastating earthquake that Haiti experienced this past Tuesday.

people as this area were going about "business as usual", with no idea that this tragedy was about to overtake them. If I can draw from the words of Jesus: "They were eating, drinking, marrying and giving in marriage...", until this death-dealing quake, literally, shook their world!

Had they been warned would they have taken it seriously? Would there have been those who said, "we've heard these warnings all of our lives!" As they continued an in their own blind pursuits?

The truth is, that humanity, by and large, is choosing to ignore warnings of far more devastating consequences than anything ever before seen! Eternity judgment is rapidly overtaking every single human being, and there is little concern among saint or sinner that this inevitable reality is at the door!

An old song of the Church says "Judgment is coming, all will be there, each one receiving justly his due; sprinkle your soul with the Blood of the Lamb, and I will pass, will pass over you."

Have you fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope that is set before you in Jesus Christ! If not, I beseech, before the unavoidable judgment of God come, give your life to Jesus Christ! He, alone, can keep you safe in the face in the coming storm of God's righteous judgment!

God bless.