The Bible is rich in promises from the Lord; promises that pertain to all areas of life- but greater than this is the fact that we have promises that go beyond this present world! We, as born-again children of God, have a home eternal in the heavens! We will have a glorified body that will never be touched by disease or racked with pain! Doesn't this sound like a place worth pursuing!
But I haven't even touched upon the most glorious aspect of this eternal place; the most glorious reality is that we shall behold our Lord and Savior face to face! No longer will we be limited by the frailties of this flesh, but we will see Him with our eyes, touch him with our hands, we will eternally enjoy His presence in a place that He has prepared for His own! Praise God!!
But this prepared place is for a prepared people! I know that we are saved by grace, through faith, and that our works do not merit forgiveness; but I also see in the Bible this admonition: "Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God." (2 Cor. 7:1).
So, Are We Ready? Are we, as the old song asks, "walking daily by the Savior's side?". In other words, are the things that we involve our lives in- places we go, entertainment we choose, words we speak, things we think upon- are these compatible with the nature of the Holy Spirit Who lives within us, if we are truly saved?
I guess the thing that prompted me in this direction is some recent social media interaction where Christians were all excited about a particular concert that they were attending. I wondered what the attraction was, so I did an online search on "lyrics to the top country music songs." Some of which were by the main attraction at this particular event. Not being a listener to such, I was more than a little shocked by the lyrics, but more so by the fact that Christians deem this as acceptable fare.
The main three themes interwoven throughout most of the song lyrics that I saw were sex, booze, and partying, pretty much in that order.
Do you think that just maybe it's time for this whole WWJD thing to be taken a bit more seriously?
I ask again: Are We Ready? The Bible tells us that without holiness (separated from the world, unto God)no man shall see the Lord. Do we really believe that?
One crucial question to consider is this: Why don't we feel conviction over that which the Bible says is wrong? Have we allowed our heart to grow hard toward His voice? Have we ever truly come out of the world? Are we truly ready for His coming?
My friend, of all the things that you make preparation for as you journey through this life, be sure, above all else, that there stands nothing between your soul and your Savior!
May the Lord grant us ears to hear and hearts to receive His word.