Monday, September 21, 2009

Can We Still Blush?

Last night I had opportunity to be in a service where Evangelist John Muncy was speaking. In the course of his message he mentioned some programming that was coming up on HBO cable TV. Frankly, it was embarrassing to hear about the content of these shows. I guess that I'm "out of touch".

Yet, the tragedy is that many "Christians" subscribe to such programming and watch it on a regular basis, and they somehow think that the Lord is going to embrace them with open arms!

Please hear what the Lord had to say through the Prophet Jeremiah: "Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? No! They were not ashamed, nor did they know how to blush. Therefore they shall fall among those who fall. In the time of their punishment they shall be cast down, says the Lord." (Jer. 8:12 NKJV).

Dear one, if you can submit yourself to that which is sinful and not feel sharp twinge of conscious, then I submit to you that you have hardened your heart and that your soul is in jeopardy!

As we drove home from that service last night, I mentioned my concerns to my wife. I spoke of my grief over those who presumptuously think that they are ready for Heaven while indulging in sinful activities. As we talked, the words of Jesus came to mind, "many are called but few are chosen."

Please listen: In Genesis 6 we read of one named Noah. We do not know how many people were on the earth in his day, but we do know that out of the entire population of the world, only 8 souls were saved! Most of those who perished probably believed that they were good, moral people, yet they walked in disobedience to God!

God's nature has not changed! Just as in the days of Noah, there was a way of escape from His judgment, so there is a way today- but only one way! It is a way of holiness, entered into by repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, and continued in by a life of obedience from the heart!

By His grace, I pray that I never lose the capacity to be embarrassed by the gross immorality that abounds in this world! I will pray for the lost and endeavor to reach them with the Gospel, but I dare not partake of their sinfulness lest the day of His coming catch me unprepared!

God bless