Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Life In The "Real World"

Over the last couple of day I have been reminded of the very real challenges of living out your faith in the "real world."

I have a neighbor who seems to believe that they own a portion of my property. I have also found out that they are totally unwilling to discuss this in a reasonable fashion!

Actually this is just a flair-up of a problem that started last year. As a result of this I have had to have my property surveyed (not a cheap proposition!), acquire the services of an attorney to communicate the results to the above mentioned neighbor (another "not cheap"), and deal with the stress that all of this creates. And, now, it seems that they have forgotten those results!

But, by far, the biggest challenge is to not allow this to get into my spirit. It's not easy to remember that "we wrestle not against flesh and blood" when a person is challenging you- but it is possible! and while this is a challenge, I know that the Lord will work it out.

I share this just to let you know that preachers live in the same world that you do. I also want you to know that I have learned that it is only in the challenging times that we really grow in our faith.

So, whatever you might be facing, big or small, remember to evaluate it in light of eternity, and endeavor to conduct yourself as a representative of Jesus Christ in all circumstances.

Meekness is not to be confused with weakness, but even while taking a firm stand for what is right we must do so in a Godly spirit!

God bless