Friday, September 11, 2009

A Missed Wake Up Call?

Today we observe the anniversary of the worst terrorist attach that our nation has known. I have vivid memories of that day 8 years ago when so many lives were lost.

I remember rushing to a sign shop and having a banner printed to announce that our church was open for prayer. As with many other churches across the land, we had new faces show up- for a very brief time. But, then, it was back to "business as usual".

Do you think that just maybe the events of that day were allowed to transpire in order to get the attention of this nation? A nation that has a church on most every corner yet, the spiritual level is at an all time low!

One thing about that day which has intrigued me is that the loss of life resulting from the attacks was just about equal to the loss of life that is accomplished through the atrocity of abortion each and every day!

My personal belief is that, as a result of having covered this land with the blood of the innocent, our nation has a weighty judgment hanging over it that God will not turn away from. We may postpone judgment for a while if genuine revival is sought ans received, but, as a world power, I fear that America's greatest day are behind her! In support of this I refer the reader to the 24th chapter of second Kings.

Am I unpatriotic? I think not. My first allegiance is to God, His word and His cause. And in that light, I am commissioned to lift my voice as a trumpet to declare the transgressions of an increasingly secular nation and a backslidden church!

The Lord speaks to this Laodicean age and says "behold, I stand at the door and knock...". Will we open the door?

God bless