I am persuaded that so many of the things that trouble us would simply cease to be issues if we would learn to be people of thanksgiving. Not that problems aren't real; but being thankful for our blessings enables us to keep our troubles in proper perspective.
An old song of the Church has a great message along these lines:
When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed
When you are discouraged thinking all is lost
Count your many blessings, name them one by one
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.
I want you to know that I am not simply spouting theory. I have been walking with the Lord for 36 years, and I have encountered some significant storms during this time. I know, from experience, that we can dwell on the problems, the hurts and disappointments, and the discouragement will deepen: or, we can choose to recount all that the Lord has done for us, such as saving us from hell, meeting our needs on a daily basis, and preparing a place for us in His eternal Heaven, and the cares of life will seem to diminish in their weightiness.
It comes down to choices. We can praise or we can complain! One makes the burdens lighter while the other adds to our woes.
My encouragement? "In everything give thanks..."
God bless.