Do you ever try to warn people of the end result of their choices only to be rejected and ridiculed? Its amazing how people can simply refuse to consider the consequences of their choices in this life.
I know that the Lord is faithful to bring conviction to hearts, but it seems that folks just shake it off and go along their merry way to destruction! Truly, the god of this world has blinded the minds of those who believe not!
A greater marvel, however, is how those who have known the Lord, have tasted of His goodness, and have know the joys of sins forgiven, can backslide into a lifestyle of carelessness and sinfulness, living as if the Lord no longer means what He so plainly tells us in His word.
Some time back, I joined a popular social networking site and was able to connect with a lot of people, some of whom I haven't seen in quite a while. I must confess that I was saddened by some of their words, their discussion of TV, movies, books, etc. that they enjoyed. My disappointment at this was such that I cancelled my account.
Oh, I made a few comments regarding these issues, but found that they really weren't welcomed.
I would read of these same people "praying for revival", having "awesome worship services", "loving the Lord with all their heart"; and, frankly, I wonder how such can be so blind to their real spiritual state!
I think that many of us who Love God and seek after holiness have a little bit of an understanding of how the prophets of old must have felt. They were called to proclaim righteousness to the people of God, yet the people had no heart foe holiness- in fact, they saw no wrong in the way that they were living.
I implore all who read these words to search your hearts! Jesus emphatically warned us "be not deceived." Don't be among those who profess relationship with the Lord, but, sadly, they will hear Him say, "Depart from me, you worker of iniquity; I never knew you."
Those who have an ear, may the hear.
God bless.