Monday, August 17, 2009

Another Day, Another Week

As I write this entry it is Monday morning. I was out jogging a couple of hours ago, thinking about yesterday's church services. Isn't it great to have the freedoms which we enjoy in America? To openly assemble to worship the Lord according to the dictates of our own hearts?

Anyway, yesterday morning I made a decision to consciously offer my praise as an expression of worship unto the Lord, simply because He is worthy! Some of the songs that were sung were totally unfamiliar to me, honestly, they weren't even all selections that I "liked". But, (and this is a truth that I am trying to establish in my heart and mind) who is worship for anyway?

I am afraid that we often make it all about us! We "go for the feeling" rather than present the "fruit of our lips" as an expression of praise, worship and thanksgiving unto the Lord.

You know, the way in which we do a thing can make all the difference in the world. And, in light of this, I'd like to challenge you to make a personal choice. The very next time that you are in a service, make up your mind that, as you join your voice with the others who are gathered, that you are going to offer up the words of each song as a personal expression of praise unto the One whose amazing grace has made an eternal difference in your life!

I believe that you will find that the entire service will take on an entirely different tone for the better.

Try it. God will be pleased and you will be blessed!