I want to try to communicate the sense of urgency that the Lord had given me concerning the Church. I know that much of what I write on this blog can be construed as "negative", but I believe that a more appropriate term would be "diagnostic".
The American Church is, by and large, in a backslidden state today. Countless polls have shown that things such as abortion, divorce, drug use (including alcohol), lying, cheating, sex outside of marriage, as well as any other vice, is just as common among professed believers as among those who make no profession of faith.
And, while Church leadership should be calling for repentance, it seems that their greater concern is to make the Church more appealing to the world! This has grown to the point that some of the newer "sanctuaries" are decorated to to have more in common with a darkened tavern than a place where the Light of the world is proclaimed! And, let me quickly add that I know there is no such thing as a "holy decor", but the only legitimate call of the Lord is to come out of the world and to be separate!
Why is Islam, as well as other radical religions growing in America, while Christianity is waining? I believe that it is because adherents of those religions are willing to stand firm, and call people to a radical lifestyle!
The Apostle Peter spoke of a time when judgment would begin at the house of God. We are living in that time! Will we have ears to hear and hearts to obey? Or will we be passed over as the Lord raises up a holy remnant who will love Him with all of their heart, soul, mind and strength?
Remember, many are called but few are chosen! What makes the difference? The "chosen" are those who are faithful, not to their own ideas, but to the Lord Jesus Christ!