You know, when it comes right down to it, most people know right from wrong. Oh, we can justify about anything that we want to, but we really know better.
Yet, sadly, because there is such a reluctance to crucify the flesh, we see Christians, from the pulpit to the pew, seeking to rationalize in areas that are resulting in impotence in the body of Christ.
I recently read statements from the pastor of a "mega-church" (we know that bigness means right) who is teaching his people that issues such as alcohol consumption and viewing R-rated movies are "gray areas", to be dictated by personal convictions.
I once asked a person who wanted to argue with me in regards to Christians and alcohol, "What would you think if you were to see me drinking?" Without hesitation, he said that I would be wrong to do so! I concur.
Those who indulge in entertainment, regardless of the rating, that takes the Lord's name in vain, is laced with profanity and sexual content; are you really going to stand before a holy God, who sacrificed His Son to deliver us from such, and tell Him that you feel it is OK?
If so, before you do, you just may want to read verses such as 1 Thess. 5:22, which commands us to "Abstain from every form of evil." (NKJV).
If I may refer to a recent posting o this site: If our hearts are right, such commandments are viewed as safeguards. If we are following a carnal mind, then we will view such as legalism.
I ask those who love the Lord to join me in fervently praying for a legitimate renewal in the Church, that will restore purity and power.