Wednesday, August 5, 2009

We're Not Home Yet

"These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth." (Hebrews 11:13 NKJV).

After having completed six decades of living in this world, I have to admit that the temptation to feel "settled" is real! There are time when a "retirement" mentality attempts to draw me into a mind-set of laying back and waiting for eternity to overtake me.

But as I allow the Spirit of the Lord to have His way in my life, I am reminded that, as long as I am here, I am here for a purpose! And, when my race is completed the Lord will usher me into His presence.

As I write this there are more lost people in the world than there has ever been! Their only hope is in the Gospel of Jesus Christ!, And, the Lord's stated means of communicating this Gospel is through His people!

The spirit of the age says: "You have much laid up for many days: eat, drink, take your ease." But the Spirit of the Lord says: "Jesus is coming soon. occupy until He arrives."

In reality, we are stranger and pilgrims here; let's live as if we are looking for that eternal city wherein dwells righteousness.