When I served as a pastor, my focus was much broader, as my ministry called for proclamation of the whole counsel of God's word. But now, at this time in my life, the Lord's calling for me is to preach on repentance and renewal to His people. I guess that I could say that I have moved from the field of general practice to a specialty.
Even though the focus is narrow, the target is exceedingly large! The single greatest need in the American Church today is to turn back to God with their whole heart!
I am aware that there are those who love and serve the Lord, and who weep over the current spiritual state of the Church; and I encourage those to pray along with me for renewal.
I really have no way of knowing how many people might read these postings, but for those of you who do, I wanted to take this opportunity to state the purpose for the tone of this blog. The hour is late, the need is great, the Lord is coming for a pure, holy bride who has come out of the world and is living for His glory!
When He comes, may He find us faithful!